About Me

My photo
I'm turning 30 next year, trying to make some positive changes in my life and family to bring us back on the right path. I am a mother of four crazy beautiful kids, lucky wife to my computer geek husband, and I work full time. Quirky, Goofy, Creative, Bookworm, Wannabe Sewer, Striving for Zen, Dedicated to my family and Loyal to my friends, and just crazy enough to keep things interesting. That's me, more or less.

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Power Punch Lunch

So my exercise insane co-worker (whom I love dearly) has convinced me to spend my lunch hour at a kick-boxing class at the gym in the building where I work.

I don't exercise on purpose. I'm not saying I don't exercise…just only as a by-product of doing other things that I actually LIKE doing. Like walking the dogs, riding bikes with the kids, chasing them around a park, and especially hiking. I LOVE hiking through nature areas throughout the twin cities and beyond and exploring.

But like going to a gym and putting on "workout clothes" (which I realized after agreeing to this I did not own) and sweating along with a bunch of other people while we follow the commands of some high strung, super skinny, sado masochistic instructor? NO. That's just not me.

But *sigh* maybe it should be. So I'm going to do this. Kick-boxing actually sounds kind of fun.

My real issue? Looking like a total moron who has never exercised on purpose. Which I am.

Flashbacks to all those gym classes that I was picked last for being the nerdy skinny bookworm girl who was ridiculously uncoordinated. I STILL AM THAT GIRL!

Lets hope this goes well. Not sure what the best case scenario is, but I'm shooting for minimal pain and embarrassment.

No comments:

Post a Comment